Men's Divorce Attorney
Men face several distinct challenges regarding divorce, including marital property division, alimony, and child support disputes. It’s essential to acquire the support of an experienced men’s divorce attorney who understands how to navigate the intricacies of Florida law. If you’re undergoing divorce and need representation from an Orlando men’s divorce attorney, the O’Mara Law Group will guide you through the process.
Going through a divorce is a stressful experience; without the right legal help, navigating this challenging time becomes much more difficult. Divorce can present several incredibly complex problems for men, such as determining alimony, child custody terms, and asset distribution.
At the O’Mara Law Group, our Orlando-based divorce lawyers help men with the many complexities of divorce, including property division, post-divorce modifications, and mediation. We’ll also fight on your behalf to reach reasonable terms with your spouse concerning child support, alimony, child custody, parenting, and alimony payments.
When you need an Orlando men’s divorce attorney who will aggressively advocate for you, contact the team at O’Mara Law Group for comprehensive support and guidance every step of the way.
How a Men's Divorce Attorney From the O’Mara Law Group Can Help You
According to the Institute for Family Studies, the divorce rate in the United States reached a 50-year low in 2019. In Florida, the divorce rate has steadily declined from 6.3 divorces per 1,000 individuals in 1990 to only three divorces per 1,000 people in 2020. However, following the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, the divorce rate in Florida rose to 3.4 per 1,000 inhabitants in 2021.
The associates at the O’Mara Law Group have the knowledge and experience you can rely on to protect your rights throughout this difficult time. We’ll work closely with you to understand your most pressing concerns and fight to reach a fair resolution to your divorce that is aligned with your values. As an established and reputable men’s divorce law firm in Orlando, the O’Mara Law Group is dedicated to offering thorough legal counsel concerning all aspects of divorce in Florida. Here are just some of the reasons our clients trust the O’Mara Law Group to fight for their rights:
- Mark O’Mara is board certified in marital and family law by the Florida Bar Association and is a Supreme Court-certified family mediator.
- Cathleen Winter was recognized as one of the 10 Best Attorneys in Florida in 2018 and named to the Super Lawyers Florida Rising Stars List three years in a row. She is also the current President of the Greater Orlando Asian American Bar Association, and is a Founding Member of the American Academy for Certified Financial Litigators (AACFL) Orlando Chapter.
- Mark Rabinowitz has been Board Certified in Marital and Family Law in Florida since 1999. He has served on the Marital and Family Law Certification Committee of The Florida Bar, and has served as a member of the Family Law Rules Committee.
- Our highly experienced attorneys rank among the top 100 trial lawyers nationwide. We’ve received numerous awards for our work over the years, and we’re among the 5% of lawyers in the country to receive a Super Lawyer rating following rigorous peer review.
- The O’Mara Law Group offers unparalleled client satisfaction, as evidenced by our numerous client testimonials and positive reviews.
- Our team of skilled negotiators has decades of combined experience.
Divorce is a life-changing experience that requires professional legal attention. The compassionate team at the O’Mara Law Group understands the unique challenges men face today. That’s why we take a meticulous approach to helping men during a divorce and strive to protect our clients’ rights through every stage of the process.
The Benefits of Hiring an Orlando Men's Divorce Attorney With Decades of Experience
Working with a reputable and experienced men’s divorce lawyer in Florida ensures you have access to reliable, effective legal counsel who understands all the intricacies of Florida family law. With their support, you’ll receive comprehensive guidance in all aspects of your divorce proceedings that can help to protect your parental rights, finances, and assets. Here are the main benefits of hiring an established attorney to handle your case.
- Dividing Marital Property – Per Florida marital property law, the judge overseeing your court case will ultimately decide the appropriate distribution of property based on various factors, such as marital fault or income. An experienced men’s divorce attorney will carefully examine all aspects of your divorce to identify factors that could potentially persuade the judge to rule in your favor regarding the distribution of property acquired during the marriage.
- Child Support – For men who are the primary earners, it’s critical to acquire sound legal counsel who can identify qualifying deductions and ultimately mitigate the risk of overpayment of child support. Meanwhile, an experienced child support lawyer will also advocate for men who receive child support payments to ensure they consistently receive the proper amount on time.
- Spousal Support – A men’s divorce attorney will also advocate for you regarding alimony payments. For example, suppose there is a sudden change in your ability to pay alimony. In that case, an experienced attorney will know how to properly file for modifications and adjustments to the size of payments or their duration.
- Parenting Plan Creation – Another major benefit to hiring a seasoned men’s divorce attorney is that they can assist with establishing a fair and equitable parenting plan. If possible, your attorney will communicate with the opposing counsel outside of court to create a time-sharing schedule that works for both parties.
- Divorce or Child Support Modifications – Following a divorce, any number of circumstances can arise for either you or your spouse that may merit a modification of various court orders. For example, if your income decreases after reaching an alimony arrangement, your divorce attorney has grounds to request a reduction in the alimony payment. Custody arrangements and time-share schedules may also require modification when one or both parents take on new jobs. When these situations occur, a qualified men’s divorce attorney will fight to represent your interests and rights.
What Are Some of the Unique Challenges That Men Face During a Separation?
Men encounter many complex legal difficulties during a separation or divorce. Since men tend to be the primary earners in marriages, they often must contend with disputes over marital property distribution, alimony payments, and child support. Aside from additional challenges regarding child custody and marital property distribution, divorce can disparately impact men’s mental health. According to a study in Psychosomatic Medicine, divorce is linked to a 23 percent increase in all-cause mortality for those involved, with men showing a substantially higher risk of death following divorce than women.
What Are Men's Rights in a Divorce?
It’s a common misconception that men have fewer rights than women during the dissolution of a marriage. In a divorce, men are entitled to the same legal rights as women. These rights include equal consideration in regard to alimony, child custody, and child support.
How Much Do Most Dads Pay in Child Support?
The court determines child support payments based on various factors, including the parents’ income levels and the childcare costs of the minor in question. Aside from regular wages, income sources used to calculate the amount Florida fathers need to pay in child support include unemployment compensation, disability payments, royalty income, retirement income, and bonuses. You can view a standardized table indicating average support payments based on income online.
Can Men Get Alimony After a Divorce in Florida?
Men in Florida have the same rights to alimony following a divorce as women. Florida courts will evaluate the finances of both spouses and the standard of living either spouse acquired during the marriage to determine who is eligible to receive alimony. Stay-at-home dads or men who suffered career loss due to the fallout of a divorce are more likely to be granted alimony.
How Long Does a Separation Take?
Those seeking a divorce in Florida must observe a mandatory 20-day waiting period before a hearing is arranged. The amount of time it takes to finalize a divorce can vary widely. Uncontested divorces tend to resolve quickly, while contested divorces could take up to a year or more to finalize.
How Much Does It Cost to Get Divorced in Florida?
Filing for a divorce in Florida without legal counsel costs a few hundred dollars on average. The cost of a divorce will increase if you decide to acquire an attorney to dispute aspects of the divorce, such as child custody, alimony, or child support. Typical retainer fees for divorce attorneys vary, and costs will increase the longer the divorce remains disputed.
Let an Orlando Men’s Divorce Attorney Help You Through the Separation Process
Attorney Mark O’Mara has represented clients throughout central Florida since 1982, acquiring extensive experience as an effective mediator and trial lawyer.
As a board-certified marital and family law attorney, Mark O’Mara will help you navigate the complexities of divorce proceedings and will fight to represent your interests in court. When you’re ready to secure a knowledgeable men’s divorce lawyer in Florida, contact the O’Mara Law Group to schedule a consultation.
“Such a professional and personable firm. Everyone treated me with respect throughout my entire process. I absolutely dread ever needing the services of an attorney again but I would certainly go straight back to Mark. Susan was awesome and she totally got me from day one. I can’t begin to say how helpful that was for me. Thank you to the entire team!!"
Susan Dolan5-star Google Review
“By far, the best person, if you ever need an attorney and someone who will always be there for you. I am truly proud to have Mark as my attorney, advisor and friend. Thanks Mark and Alyssa. Michael Hoffman, Attorney at Law and C.P.A."
Michael Hoffman5-star Google Review
“O’Mara Law Group I would highly recommend Mark O’Mara to anyone seeking legal representation and will keep your best interest at the forefront. Should a situation arise, I would not hesitate to obtain representation from the O’Mara Law Group."
Mike Shwagger5-star Google Review
Schedule a Consultation Today